Monday, July 25, 2011

And stuff.

I seem to be posting on a fairly consistent schedule now!

...Of course, that schedule is about once a year. Not much of an accomplishment, but I'll take my small victories where I can get them. Anyway, on to updates.

For those who have been either living under a rock or not playing, Abyssea and the cap increases (now level 90) have revolutionized the game. Abyssea provides the vast majority of high-level gear, in addition to being pretty much the best way to gain levels from 30 all the way to 90. Lots of people have a ton of high-level jobs now. I don't level nearly as much as they do, but I still have four 90s; BLM, RDM, SMN, and BLU. BLM is still my main, SMN's fun to mess around on once in a while, and RDM's kinda... there.

BLU is awesome though. My BLU still needs a lot of work, don't get me wrong (and I do mean a lot of work) but I thoroughly enjoy it, even after grinding to cap my Sword and Blue Magic skills (downside of levelling from 30 in Abyssea: your combat skills are terrible due to being unable to really use them) and learning all 135 spells in the Blue Mage arsenal. Working on an Almace (Empyrean sword; high damage, DEX boost, and a powerful DEX-modified weaponskill attached to it. Probably the best sword in the game right now.) as well as various other pieces of important gear.

In other news, Unicorn server was merged into Fenrir a few months back, with interesting results. Apparently when you take two relatively quiet servers and smash them together, the main hub of the game becomes a pit of stupidity. Loud stupidity. On the upside, getting pickup groups for pretty much anything is easy now; on the downside, pickup groups tend to suck.

Let's see if I update again within the next year, hmmm?

No comments: